November 8, 2017 Views:69
Hikvision, the world’s leading supplier of innovative video surveillance products and solutions, has launched a new generation of firmware for network video recorders, called NVR 4.0. The firmware will bring new visual design and new features, providing the ultimate user experience. It will be launched in the Hikvision Super I series and I series NVR devices, replacing the older NVR 3.0 GUI. Older devices will also be to benefit from the new firmware.
Based on a brand new design, a harmonized user experience and enhanced intelligent applications, the new generation GUI will allow operators to do a lot more, much more intuitively. They will notice a dramatic improvement in the operation of the recorder, with new features like:
• Target Detection, so significant targets can be detected and captured. Then captured snapshots link directly to event video playback.
• Smooth Dragging, so users can switch to the live view window by simple clicking and dragging.
• Thumbnail Playback, so prominent thumbnails can be linked to video playback and become visible when moving the mouse over the progress bar.
• Background Export, so users can still switch between menus while video is exporting.
• Graphic Camera Management, so the camera list can be displayed in thumbnail mode, and it’s easy to identify the surveillance scene from each camera.
NVR 4.0’s enhanced intelligent applications include Smart Data Release – giving users the ability to configure ratios between insignificant recordings and critical video so vital footage can be stored for longer. It is also enabled with HDD Health Management (developed in collaboration with Seagate), giving real-time monitoring on HDD health, enhancing safety and reliability.
Keen Yao, VP of Hikvision’s International Business Centre, says: “Hikvision is constantly looking at innovative ways to improve our products. But we don’t just look at the front-end cameras – we’re busy developing our whole solution set. After two years of development, we are proud to announce the pioneering NVR 4.0 GUI, which we think users will find a joy to use.”